Friday, October 28, 2011

Still hereDu

Dumelang Borra le Bomma!

I have been trying to update my blog, particularly with photos, but getting internet time has been difficult. Here's what the photos would have told you:

I walk to school everyday beside cattle, donkies, and chickens. If I think I've gotten a tan, I need a bath, which is basically a bucket poured over my head. My host family is lovely, and for all of you in my writing group: they are the incarnation of Minnie and Beatrice (!), complete with 4 children. It is summer here, and getting hotter day by day. PULA (rain) has not arrived. People greet you with "may you bring the rain." wish I could.

For those of you who haven't heard, I have been posted to Kopong, a small village close to the capital of Gaborone. It is not far from the airport, so I expect to be a stopping by point for many people coming and going. I will be working in a junior/secondary school, and will have a small 'cottage' on a family compound.

All in all, life is good, although I never know what day it is, Peace Corps keeps us busy, the family wants to spend time with me, and then there's other PCV's to hang out with. Every once in a while I realize the trees must be turning at home, the temperature must be dropping, and then there's something about people camping out on wall street (?) not much news here...

Love to all and apologies for any typos here, i am madly trying to upload before they turn off the internet...

celia/olbogeng (the Setswana name I was given by my family on the day of my arrival, which means "praise God")

1 comment:

  1. Hah! Leaves turning?? Parts of MA got 2 ft of snow today. Glad to hear that you are settling in - miss you! Peggy

    ReplyDelete